The Landmark Society of Western New York, a 501(c) (3) membership-based organization, is hiring a Director of Development. Creative, energized and productive leadership required.
The Director of Development will be responsible for the planning, development, coordination, implementation and management of a comprehensive and effective development program that will build The Landmark Societys financial resources and maximize its impact on the community.
The Director of Development will be responsible for increasing The Landmark Societys financial base by working with the Executive Director, Trustees and staff to manage a fundraising program with particular emphasis on membership, sponsorships, planned giving, major gifts, events, and stewardship programs. This includes developing fundraising strategies; retaining and cultivating membership; identifying, soliciting and cultivating major donors (corporations, foundations and individuals); leading endowment or capital campaigns; directing The Landmark Societys annual appeals and membership drives; and preparing a wide variety of written and oral communications.
* Candidates must have a bachelors degree.
* A minimum of five (5) years successful development experience and proven leadership, communications, and management skills.
* Must demonstrate a track record of successful fundraising in the area of individual giving through membership and stewardship programs.
* Have knowledge of planned giving techniques and the programs available to implement such gifts.
* Demonstrate organizational and multi-tasking skills.
* Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, as well as strong management skills.
* Demonstrate the ability to think and plan strategically in order to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
Budgeting skills required. Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook software; familiarity with fundraising database management systems utilizing PC compatible E-base.
This is a full-time position with benefits as outlined in The Landmark Societys personnel policy. The Landmark Society reserves the right to conduct a background check as a part of its candidate selection process