The purpose of the Preservation Society is to cultivate and encourage interest in the preservation of buildings, sites and structures of historical or aesthetic significance and to take whatever steps may be necessary and feasible to prevent the destruction or defacement of any such building, site or structure such purposes being solely eleemosynary and not for profit.
The executive director is responsible for reporting to the Board of Directors and for providing the overall leadership for the Preservation Society to achieve its mission. With a focus on implementing the strategic goals and objectives of the Board, the Executive Director will be an active participant in the fund-raising, program execution, and community development of the Society. This person will work with both the paid staff and volunteers to achieve the Societys goals.
See detailed job description at www.preservationsociety.org.
* Graduate degree in historic preservation or a related field or equivalent experience
* Minimum five years experience in a leadership or supervisory position
* Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills
* Ability to work with the community, staff, volunteers, and members of the Board
* Experience and demonstrated successes in partnership development, marketing, and fund-raising
* Experience in budgeting and financial operations
* Ability and experience in working with a Board of Directors or other group
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong presentation skills