Job Summary: Provide historic building preservation support to the Hill Air Force Base Cultural Resources Management program. SES is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to pursue quality historical architectural research in a cultural resource management context. The primary duties include assisting the Cultural Resources Program Manager in the following: conducting effects assessment pursuant to compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act; historical and archival research; review of historic resources survey reports, National Register of Historic Places eligibility evaluations, State historic building inventory forms, and HABS-HAER documentation; negotiating, developing, and implementing creative mitigation; developing historic preservation plans and cultural resources management plans; technical writing, and National Environmental Policy Act support. This is a full time position.
Essential Job Functions:
• Works in conjunction with Hill Air Force Base Cultural Resources Program to oversee management of historic buildings.
• Works in conjunction with Hill Air Force Base Project Managers to ensure compliance with Secretary of the Interior Standards
• Reviews and/or inspects work for quality, accuracy, and completeness.
• Analyzes, summarizes, and/or reviews data; reports findings, interprets results, and/or makes recommendations.
• Writes or drafts reports, articles or related material based on research, investigation, or analysis.
• Conducts inspections and surveys of historic buildings located on Hill Air Force Base or on property under Air Force control.
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or Air Force and DOD rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• B.S./B.A. Historic Preservation, Architecture/Architectural History, History, or closely related field
• 3 years related experience
• Ability to use MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
Duty Location: Hill Air Force Base - Utah