The Membership & Program Coordinator oversees all aspects of the HAF’s membership as well as creates and schedules programs for HAF. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with HAF staff, Board members and numerous committee members.
Candidate must have an understanding of historic preservation, history or urban planning. The Membership & Program Coordinator is often the first and most direct link to HAF’s members, donors, the general public and the media; therefore making a positive and lasting impression of our organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
• Maintain Membership & Donor database; send monthly membership renewal letters and weekly thank you letters.
• Maintain HAF’s email listserve and works with the Membership Committee.
• Manage and coordinate with the Executive Director and Event Committees in special event planning for BUILT, A Moveable Feast, house & garden tours, Preservation Merit Awards, Holiday House Tour etc.
• Coordinate and schedule tours and lectures for HAF’s Walkabout Wednesday tour series and Members-Only series.
• Develop new tours, lectures and other education programs related to Albany’s architectural & social history.
• Coordinates other HAF activities, on an as needed basis, with the Director of Preservation Services and Executive Director.
• Assist Director of Preservation Services with research for Plaque Program, tour programs and advocacy efforts.
• Manage media outreach; write and send out press releases for events, send event listings to media outlets.
• Manage and Update HAF’s website.
• Serve as main contact for HAF events.
• Bookkeeping including weekly deposits.
• Manage office supplies and mail flow.
The Membership & Program Coordinator must be available for some meetings and events on nights and weekends.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Non-profit experience preferred. Applicant must have stellar customer service as well as excellent writing, communications, interpersonal, organizational and up-to-the minute computer skills.
The ability to juggle priorities, work independently and be part of a flexible team is a must.
Full time annual salary of $23,000 to $25,000 and generous benefits included.
Position to start immediately.