Purpose: To provide support to the Historic Preservation Section of the Planning Division of the City of Riverside under the supervision of the City’s Historic Preservation Officer in implementing the City’s Historic Preservation Program.
Compensation: Position is unpaid for student seeking to gain experience in the field.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Historic/architectural research
• Preparation of Historic Resources Inventory (DPR) forms
• Assistance with ongoing historic resources survey projects
• Assistance with grant administration and report completion
• Updating the City’s Historic Resources Inventory database and Web site
• Completion of special projects as needed
Requirements: Current enrollment in, or recent completion of, a graduate program in the following fields: history, architecture, art history, cultural resources management, historic preservation, or anthropology. Recently completed graduate degrees in landscape architecture, engineering, planning or public policy with an historic preservation emphasis will also be considered.
• Minimum of two days per week for a total of 10 hours.
• Flexible schedule within the hours of 7:30 to 5:30 every day.