Duties: You will serve as a Historian with duties emphasizing the identification, evaluation and treatment of historic buildings and structures. Demonstrates and incorporates considerable knowledge and experience in the application of the National Historic Preservation Act. Ensures application of federal historic preservation law and standards, and makes determinations of eligibility and effects for projects/investigations. Participates in historic structures surveys to identify resources within project areas. Executes historic preservation projects for various COE Districts and other federal/state authorities. Performs review of permit applications to determine the presence of National Register eligible properties, and assess permit effects to ensure compliance with applicable laws/regulations. Contributes to ERS and District environmental documents relating to historic structures and conducts library research for use in the assessment of probable impacts on historic structures.
About the Position: Seattle District, Corps of Engineers, Seattle, Washington is one of the world's premier public engineering organizations, capable of providing a full spectrum of engineering services. Our strength lies in our technical excellence, our willingness to collaborate with our customers and understand their needs, and, our ability to facilitate creative solutions to achieve mutual goals. Our high-performing team members have a deep respect for each other, opportunities for professional growth, and, consistently strive to bring out the best in each other, our partners, and our customers. For more information visit http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/ and http://www.cityofseattle.net/ and http://www.monstermoving.monster.com/Find_A_Place/Relosmart/rs.asp
Who May Apply: <blockedhttps://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/public/forward/VAB?id=whoMayApply> (Click on Who May Apply)
* All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
* Reinstatement eligibles.
* NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement eligibles.
* Applicants eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
* Veterans eligible as 30% Disabled Veterans.
* Veterans' Recruitment Authority (VRA).
* Employment Program for People with Disabilities eligibles.
* Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
* Family member employees eligible under Executive Order 12721.
* Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) eligibles.
* DoD Interchange Agreement eligibles.
* Military spouses eligible under EO 13473.
Qualifications: Click on link below to view qualification standard.
General Schedule <blockedhttps://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/public/forward/VAB?id=qualifications&selection1=occGroup2>
* Basic Requirements: Degree: history; or related field that included at least 18 semester hours in history or a combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in history, or a major in a related field that included at least 18 semester hours in history, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Specialized experience: Qualified candidates for this job must show in their resume that they have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level OR 1 year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement for the GS-09. Qualified candidates for this job must show in their resume that they have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level OR 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree for the GS-11. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience with the principles, theories, practices and techniques to perform research, interpret policy and procedures, and to perform assessments of historic structures regarding historic architecture. **May periodically be required to use protective clothing while performing duties at off site locations.
* GS-11: Bachelor's degree directly related to this occupation and 1 year of experience directly related to this occupation equivalent to the next lower grade level, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
* GS-12 and above: Bachelor's degree directly related to this occupation and 1 year of experience directly related to this occupation equivalent to the next lower grade level.
* The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
* Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
* One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
* Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the second lower grade (or equivalent).
* Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
* Demonstrated work experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
* On your resume, please include college/university, dates attended, degree achieved, semester hours earned, GPA, major field of study, 24 semester hours of specific courses and course hours in your major. Failure to provide this education information on your resume may result in an ineligible rating.
* Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Other Information: <blockedhttps://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/public/forward/VAB?id=otherInformation> (Click on Other Information)
* To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
* Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
* Noncompetitive promotion potential to target grade.
* Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
* The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf <blockedhttp://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf>
* This is a Career Program Position (CP). # 18
* Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
* In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives <blockedhttp://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives> .)
* Special Note to NSPS Applicants: If you apply for and accept a GS position, your GS pay will be set differently than if you transition out of NSPS with your organization. If you apply for and accept a position and your pay cannot be set within the GS grade range, you will not be eligible for pay retention. Be sure to refer to the NSPS web site ( http://cpol.army.mil/library/general/nsps/docs-repeal/NSPS_Empl_Transition_Bulletin_031510.pdf <blockedhttp://cpol.army.mil/library/general/nsps/docs-repeal/NSPS_Empl_Transition_Bulletin_031510.pdf> ) for more details on how this might affect your specific situation.
* Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
* Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is 20 percent.
* Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
Other Advantages: Alternative Work Schedules and telecommuting, free parking, fitness center, cafeteria, daycare, and transportation subsidy vouchers are available.
Other Requirements: <blockedhttps://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/public/forward/VAB?id=otherRequirements> (Click on Other Requirements)
* Personnel security investigation required.
* You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
* If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
* License/Certification: A valid State issued driver license
* Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
* Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
* Applicants claiming veteran's preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
* Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
* One year trial/probationary period may be required.
How to Apply: <blockedhttps://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/public/forward/VAB?id=applyInstruction&selDoc=Resumix> (Click on How to Apply)
* Resumes must be received by the closing date of this announcement.
* Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants wishing to withdraw from consideration may contact the Central Resume Processing Center at (410) 306- 0137 or email@example.com.
* Resume must be on file in our centralized database.
* Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
If your resume is currently in our central database, you may click here to Self Nominate <blockedhttps://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/public/forward/VAB?id=selfNom&annouNum=WTHF10298935&position=Historian, GS-0170-11/12&payPlan=GS&series=0170&grade=11/12>