PURPOSE OF POSITION: Advance the mission of Tudor Place by providing management of administrative functions including routine accounting, administration of human resources, museum-wide office systems, database management, and Board of Trustees. Position also collaborates on fundraising activities and supporting Executive Director.
Executive Director Support
Provide general and administrative support to the Executive Director.
Manage office equipment including server and phone system, providing technological support for individual users.
Maintain corporate, communication, and financial files and institutional archives.
Manage all office systems to ensure efficient work environment, including monitoring and ordering office supplies.
Answer central telephone when Museum Assistant is not present
Monitor, order, and organize office supplies and equipment
Coordinate staff meetings.
Manage budget preparation.
Process all payables and receivables and perform basic accounting functions.
Coordinate services of independent accountant.
Board of Trustees
Responsible for logistical arrangements for all Board and Committee meetings.
Provide on-site management of meetings.
Take notes and draft minutes.
Coordinate communications records of Board of Trustees.
Maintain manuals on Board policy, minutes, actions, and orientation.
Coordinate and manage all communications with Collections, Development, Finance, Nominating, Strategic Planning, and Buildings and Grounds Committees
Coordinate human resources administration including maintenance of records and facilitation of recruitment, orientation, and evaluation activities.
Provide coordination of pension and health care plans.
Calculate leave time.
Run background checks (submit online and distribute as required)
Arrange annual Staff Retreat in January.
Manage all neighbor relations including semi-annual meeting of Neighborhood Liaison Committee and special projects such as Preservation Plan
Monitor institutional adherence to the Board of Zoning Adjustment conditions
Answer and route press inquirers and facilitate press visits.
Take photos and/or video of events as requested by the Director of Communications.
Perform other duties including, but not limited to, work on projects and special events.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelors degree.
2. Three years experience in administration or related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Raisers Edge and Quick Books.
2. Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
3. Detail oriented, self-starter with follow-through, initiative, and ability to set
priorities and handle multiple tasks.
4. Excellent discretion, judgment, tact, and poise with ability to maintain
confidentiality of privileged information.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of staff, vendors and media.
6. Ability to work within tight deadliness with attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Knowledge of computer systems and familiarity with office equipment a plus.