Archaeology Team Leader – URS – Gaithersburg , MD
URS has a lot of incredible projects. But the most impressive is our total business success. We are a recognized leader in the engineering, architectural, planning and construction management services. As the scope of our projects expands and diversifies, the opportunity for you to be challenged and develop will also continue to grow. If you’d like to work at the top of the industry, consider our opening for Archeology Team Leader / Senior Project Manager.
The Archaeology Team Leader / Senior Project Manger will report to and work with the CRM Group Leader, Program Development Managers, Project Managers and staff ensure projects meet requirements and the work is completed on time and on budget. Will supervise archaeology staff and lead report preparation and/or analysis.In addition to managing the Archaeology Team, the individual will serve as a Principal Investigator and/or Project Manager for a wide variety of archaeology projects. Will be responsible for business development, marketing, client relations/marketing/management for archaeology.
This position is responsible for the growth and development of the archaeology team. Will provide significant input into the CRM Group's marketing and business development initiatives by identifying and tracking key pursuits, establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients, and pro-actively identifying and following up on focused, targeted actions that will sustain and grow the CRM business. Responsible for maintaining excellent client relationships to ensure repeat business with existing clients. There will be opportunities for this individual to work with other teams such as NEPA/Natural and other URS CRM offices. Will be expected to lead proposal and business development efforts as determined by management. Expected billability of 70-75%.
MA or MS degree in Anthropology / Archaeology or closely related field required. RPA registration
15 years of Cultural Resources Management (CRM) experience, including minimum 10 years in a supervisory role, and 5 years of successful business development and client management.
Ability to obtain URS Project Manager (PM) Certification within six months of hire date is required.
Thorough understanding of Section 106 and other cultural regulations.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success skills and expertise in the following areas:
* Management and oversight of CRM personnel and large/complex archaeological projects.
* Supervisory experience on all phases of archaeological projects including fiscal oversight, ensuring work is completed on time, within budget, and in a manner consistent with standards of practice.
* Personnel management and the ability to mentor and guide staff in addition to the ability to work with all levels of staff.
* Successful marketing/proposal/business/client development for Archaeology work.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, data organization, attention to detail, and logistics coordination.
* Thorough knowledge of MSWord and the Windows platform
Writing sample will be required. Travel may be required.
Please apply at www.urscorp.com, and reference requisition URS50227