Saving the Stones is a five month international internship in historical and archeological conservation. Interns work alongside leading Israeli conservation specialist and archaeologists, study ancient building technologies, learn about renowned historical cultures and religions which have left their mark in Israel. Saving the Stonesis a joint project of the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA), the Old Acre Development Company and the Akko municipality.The program is sponsored by The Israel National Commission for UNESCO.
The internship will enable you to:
- Study ancient building technologies
- Work alongside leading Israeli conservation specialists and archaeologists
- Learn about renowned historical figures, nations, cultures and religious movements which have left their mark in Israel
- Saving the Stones is a joint project of the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA), the Old Acre Development Company and the Acre Municipality.
- The program is sponsored by The Israel National Commission for UNESCO
- The program is powered by MASA - Israel Journey.
After completing all the requirements you will receive an ICC certificate consisting of practical conservation training from the Israel Antiquities Authority and theoretical lessons.