Proposal and Office Coordinator
Arts and architectural conservation firm located in the DC Metro Area is looking for a dedicated, capable, career-oriented candidate with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard. This is a mid-level administrative position with some marketing and project administration duties. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with ability to work independently in a small office environment. Only candidates with the required education and experience will be considered.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum five years of office experience in an operations capacity. Accounting experience is a plus. Some experience with government requests for proposals and quotations (RFP’s and RFQ’s), solicitations, and contracts is desired.
Examples of Key Duties (Duties are illustrative and not all inclusive):
• Coordinate the successful production of proposals in response to government and private client requests for proposals, frequently under tight deadlines.
• Coordinate all other marketing efforts, including regular updates to the company’s website, newsletter submissions, and daily updates to the company job and proposal database.
• Performing clerical functions required by daily operations, such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, ordering office supplies, filing, faxing, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings and maintaining the overall company schedule.
• Receive and screen communications to the Corporate Office including telephone calls, faxes, and e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention; prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication.
• Make travel arrangements for the company; maintain appointment schedules and calendars for the company; arrange meetings and conferences.
• Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents as necessary.
• Research rental and materials costs for project managers.
• Assist the president of the company with various projects.?
• Jump in at any given time to help out.
• Exceptional computer skills (see section below for more information)
• A detail-oriented approach to office and project administration.
• Exceptional ability to multi-task and set priorities.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Superior ability to interpret and edit written documents, contracts, RFP’s
• Excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills required.
• Ability to meet multiple, short deadlines, simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Project administration skills
Required Computer Skills:
This position requires in-depth experience and functional knowledge of a variety of software including:
• Microsoft Office 2007, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher
• MS Access, with ability to customize and direct development of our company client database.
• Familiarity with a Windows networking environment
• Adobe Acrobat/PDF converting software
• Basic photo-editing skills (Adobe Photoshop of other)
• Internet search and related technology skills (ftp, downloading, etc.)
• Accounting software (Quickbooks) is a plus.
• Basic familiarity with web-based website or blogging software such as Wordpress (the right candidate can be trained for this function).
• MS Project and MS PowerPoint are “pluses”.
Depending on the candidate’s experience and skills, the salary ranges from $38,000-$43,000. We offer 100% employer-paid individual health benefits, a matching retirement plan, and additional training when necessary. Our team consists of smart, funny, dedicated, talented, and focused individuals.