The Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation is inviting interested parties to submit professional qualifications responsive to all of the requirements set forth in this Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
The purpose of the RFQ is to select a qualified Independent Contractor to provide a limited scope of professional services to the Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation. The contractorís primary responsibility will be to complete the research, writing and presentation of a Context Statement related to the development of agriculture and agricultural outbuildings for use in a thematic nomination to the State Register of Historic Places.
The content of all qualifications shall include the following:
1. Letter of Interest: Include the point of contact for the Contractor team with address, telephone and email information.
2. Scope of Services: Describe how services will be provided. Include a detailed listing and description of tasks, deliverables and timelines. Provide a summary of the proposed approach to the project, as well as a description of the methodology to be used to provide the requested services and deliverables.
3. Experience and Capacity: Describe background and experience of proposed personnel. Include description of firmís history, background, organization and size as well as the firmís capacity to provide the requested services. Identify any potential conflicts of interest with the Connecticut Trust.
4. References: List three (3) references that Connecticut Trust may contact, including at least one prior client for a project similar in scope or intent.
5. Cost of Services: Indicate proposed cost of service including how such costs were determined based on personnel rates and direct costs.
A. Education and experience consistent with the Secretary of the Interiorís Standards for Preservation Professionals for History and/or Architectural History (36CFR61).
B. Meaningful and demonstrated knowledge and expertise in New England history and vernacular architecture.
C. Well-honed research skills and the ability to present information clearly and consistently in writing
D. Ability to make clear and compelling oral presentations to an audience of professionals and interested members of the public.