The Board of Directors is seeking a President for the Peninsula Valley Historic & Education Foundation. The successful candidate will understand and guide the Foundation’s mission of historic preservation and education of Peninsula and the Cuyahoga Valley. He or she will also have a significant track record in fund development and have the ability to attract and steward major donors. This candidate will serve as the public face of the Foundation and will be a role model, building commitment in both volunteers and professionals.
• One year with renewal held at annual Board Meeting
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop an annual budget for the Foundation.
• Overall responsibility for corporate management.
• Manage the preservation, restoration, maintenance and development of all the Foundation’s properties.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key institutional and individual stakeholders to further organization’s work.
• Develop and conduct continuous public awareness and education of Foundation’s programs and services.
• Oversee marketing and communication.
• Oversee volunteer committees that support the work of the organization.
• Oversee the Foundation’s compliance with applicable laws, including taxing authorities.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees of the Board.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Fund raising experience; knowledge of grant writing
• Strong management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge and commitment to historic preservation.
• Ability to read, write and speak English with proficiency.
• Computer literacy
• Availability & willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends; local travel and some out-of-town travel required; valid drivers license required