Brucemore, a National Trust Historic Site in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is a museum and so much more. As a community cultural center, Brucemore’s 26-acres are alive with concerts, festivals, performances, and activities.
Presently, Brucemore is seeking an experienced and visionary Executive Director to provide leadership, strategic direction and operational management. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of site operations, including financial management, fundraising, preservation, programming and promotion. He/she plays an important role in communicating our mission, promoting staff and volunteer teamwork to insure the fulfillment of Brucemore’s stated mission.
Our mission, vision & Organization:
Brucemore is a property of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It is operated in co-stewardship by the National Trust and Brucemore, Inc., a non-profit organization, composed of local, community leaders. Brucemore’s mission is to engage the public in the history, traditions, resources and on-going preservation of Brucemore for the enrichment of the community. Brucemore’s vision statement is to be a premier National Trust Site through excellence in stewardship, education, preservation and programming for the benefit of the community. Our programs include a full curricular education-based program and theater, music, and garden and landscape programming.
• Manage efforts of staff and volunteers in completion of the stated mission
• Serve as liaison among the Board of Trustees of Brucemore, Inc., the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the staff and volunteers
• Promote and actively participate in the arts and cultural community on local, state and national levels
• Interact with community leaders, e.g. Chamber of Commerce, economic development organizations, etc.
• Develop and implement a long range plan
• Oversee and insure preservation of collections, buildings, and grounds
• Manage Brucemore on a day-to-day basis
• Develop and implement operating and capital budgets
• Serve as principal spokesperson for Brucemore
• Direct research
• Report to the Board of Trustees of Brucemore and to the National Trust on a regular basis
• Manage all capital projects
• Coordinate all public events and activity at the site
• Coordinate all Fundraising activities
• Promote cultural advocacy
• Serve as Brucemore’s financial steward
• Minimum of 5-10 years experience with historic site management, facilities management and/or appropriate non-profit or business development experience.
• Demonstrated success in managing a diverse staff with varied skill sets; effective team leadership skills, and a commitment to diversity
• Demonstrated success in fundraising and building relationships with potential donors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong public speaking skills.
• Commitment to the values and goals of the National Trust.
• Advanced degree in history, nonprofit management, historic preservation, or equivalent from an accredited institution preferred.
• Knowledge of best practices, professional standards, and legal and ethical policies applicable to the fields of historic sites, museums, preservation and non-profit management is expected.
How to Apply:
Please apply by August 17th, please include a cover letter and resume and email to email@example.com
Brucemore is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.