This internship offered by Old Salem Museums & Gardens is underwritten by the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in North Carolina. The internship is directed at graduate students in museum studies, American history, historic preservation, historic architecture and archaeology. Activities will focus on aspects in the Old Salem National Historic Landmark District in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, where the Colonial Dames owns the oldest surviving building, the 1768 Fourth House.
The internship will be full time for 10 weeks and pay $2500 total, free housing is also available on site. Flexible starting date in May or June 2012.
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a graduate program in history, public history, historic preservation, architectural history, historic archaeology, or similar field. Priority will be given to graduate students who are enrolled in North Carolina colleges and universities.
- Responsible, reliable and dedicated to quality of job performance
- Good research skills in primary materials
- Good computer skills with basic office applications, knowledge of CAD or GIS software are a plus
- Able to pass a drug test and background check