HistoriCorps is seeking to fill three (3) positions; four to six month term with possibility for extensions, starting May 2th (start date dependent on projects). Opportunity to work in some of Americas last great places.
The Project Supervisor is responsible for all elements related to their respective work site. They will:
· work with, provide on-the-job training for, and coordinate projects for unskilled and semiskilled volunteers and assistants;
· supervise crews of up to 18 volunteers;
· reside onsite in primitive lodging;
· supervise sub-contractors;
· manage all jobsite activities;
· purchase building materials;
· adhere to and promote work safety standards; and
· provide a positive learning environment.
Project Supervisors will be expected to work long days in variable weather, live in a remote and/or backcountry setting (i.e., tents) for up to 10 days at a time, and have, or be willing, to obtain (by the commencement of work during the 2012 season) a First Aid or First Responder certification (partial reimbursement by HistoriCorps upon receipt of certificate), and have previous leadership experience instructing crews, ideally in remote or backcountry settings.
· Possess a valid drivers license and a good driving record;
· Possess a strong knowledge of handtools and the historic building trades;
· Have experience in rehabilitating/restoring log, frame, and/or adobe structures,
(NOTE: Please list past projects that you supervised, and describe the scope of work and skill needed for these projects);
· Possess strong communication and conflict resolution skills;
· Enjoy teaching others about historic preservation techniques