The Nathaniel Russell House Manager manages the operation, administration, and interpretation of the Nathaniel Russell House, working directly with the Director of Preservation & Museums and the Curator.
The Nathaniel Russell House Manager will have the following duties, working with the Director of Preservation & Museums, Associate Director of Museums and Curator:
· Manage the day-to-day operation of the museum house to ensure a positive visitor experience.
· Manage and organize all Interpreter and Museum Associate scheduling for the Nathaniel Russell House.
· Develop docent training materials and educational outreach for interpreter and museum associates and organize quarterly programming.
· Serve as main staff liaison to the Nathaniel Russell House Committee, organize Committee meetings, and prepare agendas and minutes for the meetings.
· Manage group tour arrangements for the house.
· Organize and maintain files for Museum operations and collections at the Nathaniel Russell House.
· Conduct tours at the Nathaniel Russell House as needed.
· Assist with the preparation of Board Reports.
· Assist the Curator with collections management and care.
· Working with maintenance staff and Master Gardeners, manage the weekly maintenance of the garden. Order plants and bulbs as needed.
· Be responsible for distribution and mailing of materials as needed.
· Assist Director of Preservation & Museums and Curator with research assignments and special projects as required.
· Answer phones and handle other administrative tasks as needed.
· Assist with after-hours programs and events as required.
· Serve as a Senior Interpreter as needed.
Minimum qualifications are a Bachelors degree in historic preservation, art history, history, museum studies or related field, coupled with 4 years of professional experience. An advanced degree is preferred,coupled with 2 years of professional experience. The successful candidate should possess exemplary organizational skills and be proficient with basic computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. Knowledge of PastPerfect a plus.
Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., carry items, and climb a ladder.
Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.