The Volunteer & Outreach Program Coordinator works closely with volunteers of all kinds to ensure that volunteer needs are met for our projects in historic preservation to successfully implement the mission of HistoriCorps. This person will work with community organizations to organize group volunteer opportunities and recruit individuals interested in historic preservation work from academic institutions, professional organizations and the general public. This individual will engage with the public on a regular basis to promote HistoriCorps stewardship volunteer experiences. The position will be housed at CPI and supervised by HistoriCorps staff, but the Program Coordinator will work closely with VOC to develop volunteer management systems and with all of HistoriCorps land manager partners to develop and implement an effective volunteer recruitment plan.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATION AND RECRUITMENT:
· Receive training from VOC staff on recruitment strategies, methodologies, and best practices and volunteer recruitment tools and management systems;
· Develop and implement a systematic approach to outreach and volunteer recruitment and management for HistoriCorps project and training opportunities, including development of replicable systems and tools;
· Work with HistoriCorps staff and advisors as well as VOC staff to identify volunteer needs and match volunteers to those needs for direct project opportunities, managing all volunteer registration and communication processes from project start to completion and post-project follow-up;
· Conduct targeted volunteer recruitment outreach for historic preservation projects throughout the Rocky Mountain Region including, but not limited to, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Focus on recruitment from communities local to specific projects;
· Manage volunteer registration and communications processes using various online volunteer recruitment tools and databases;
· Expand HistoriCorps capacity to do multiple historic preservation projects using volunteer labor;
· Participate in and support historic preservation stewardship projects onsite along with team members as appropriate and time is available.
Conduct evaluations of volunteer experiences including quantitative and qualitative analyses of the overall recruitment and implementation strategies, and build this capability into the replicable systems and tools.
Work with the HistoriCorps and VOC teams to strengthen the development of effective communication systems for volunteer management;
Perform related duties as required to support and strengthen the mission and purpose of HistoriCorps.
Assist with HistoriCorps outreach events;
Administrative support (e.g., data entry, report preparation and mailings) as needed.
Attendance at evening meetings and assigned project weekends and site visits away from the Denver metro area is required.
The successful candidate will possess many of the following attributes: