The Discover Denver/Special Projects Coordinator will spend 70% of his/her time managing outreach for Discover Denver and 30% managing other research and education efforts.
About Discover Denver:
Historic Denver is leading Discover Denver, a Citywide Historic Resources Survey Project (www.historicdenver.org). This multi-year effort is made possible through a grant agreement between Historic Denver, Inc. and Colorado State Historical Fund in partnership with the City and County of Denver.
Discover Denver is a ground-breaking project and one of the most ambitious historic resources survey initiatives in the nation. An essential element of Discover Denver is a comprehensive public participation, outreach, and volunteer program that is citywide in reach and designed to engage diverse perspectives reflective of the citys heritage. One of the primary goals of the outreach program is to elicit information from the public on potential historic resources, particularly sites of social, cultural, architectural, historical and geographic significance.
Discover Denvers outreach program will feature a volunteer speakers bureau, public outreach, and volunteer training programs. The Discover Denver/Special Projects Coordinator will develop, schedule, organize, and facilitate community meetings and training sessions. Additional responsibilities include the development of training and presentation materials, recruitment and oversight of volunteers, presentations of Discover Denver to a variety of audiences, and use of social media and web-based tools to build and strengthen communication with existing and new audiences for the survey initiative.
About Historic Denvers Other Programs:
Historic Denver is frequently asked to provide research support to owners of historic properties in the metro-area. The Discover Denver/Special Projects Coordinator will respond to such requests and conduct basic research as necessary. Discover Denver/Special Projects Coordinator may oversee interns conducting research as well.
In 2010 Historic Denver launched a series of educational workshops under the moniker Preservation for Living. The Discover Denver/Special Projects Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the content of these workshops, making public presentations upon request and participating in efforts to offer such educational programs four to six times each year. An additionally responsibility will include working with Historic Denvers Outreach Committee to train volunteers to make preservation presentations to community groups.
· Working with others, craft a plan of action for community outreach and education that engages the entire community in the Discover Denver initiative, including neighborhoods and groups typically underrepresented in these types of initiatives
· Develop marketing and communication materials to promote Discover Denver and serve as spokesperson, as needed.
· Lead Discover Denver outreach efforts in Denver neighborhoods, including collaboration with residents, neighborhood organizations, students, and other groups interested in the survey project
· Oversee volunteers involved in providing content and identifying possible historic resources in the city
· Develop public outreach content, including both print and web-based materials, for Discover Denver
· Prepare and present Discover Denver to variety of audiences, including neighborhood groups
· Keep current and manage electronic content for website, blog, etc. for Discover Denver
· Evaluate success of outreach and educat