The Database Assistant is an entry level position that reports to the Director of Development & Publications. The Database Assistant position can either be a part-time position with the foregoing duties or a full-time position with additional duties of an administrative assistant nature. The primary responsibility of the position is to maintain the Raiser's Edge (RE) constituent database. Specifically, the person will be responsible for:
* Entering accurately and timely all incoming donations into Raiser's Edge.
* Generating acknowledgement letters for each gift using RE:Mail, RE:Export, and mail merges in Microsoft Word.
* Producing monthly invoices for membership billing through RE:Query, RE:Export and merges in Microsoft Word.
* Monthly reconciliation with the Business & Finance Manager to confirm Raiser's Edge and QuickBooks totals.
* Maintenance of Raiser's Edge records, including address updates, duplicate record changes and other basic record changes.
Additional duties will include assisting with direct mailings, updating the database of email contacts, helping with events, and other tasks as assigned.
The Database Assistant must have excellent attention to detail and strong writing skills. Experience in using Microsoft Word and Excel, including mail merge functions is also required. Knowledge and prior experience with Raiser's Edge donor database and QuickBooks is helpful but not required. Passion for the mission of the Cleveland Restoration Society is helpful.