Canyons & Plains is a heritage tourism development organization. Formed in 2003, C&P serves seven countiesBaca, Bent, Crowley, Kiowa, Otero, Prowers and eastern Las Animas. The non-profit group promotes visitation to and stewardship of the unique historical, natural and cultural assets of south-eastern Colorado among resident, state, national and international audiences. Since its formation, C&P has garnered over $1 million in funding for projects in the area.
Canyons & Plains is looking for an Executive Director to lead the organization into sustainability. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with grant management and administration experience, fundraising experience and a proven ability to provide all facets of organizational and project management. Traveling within the seven-county service region is also the responsibility of the ED while networking and fostering relationships that will help to continually advance the organization.
The C&P ED position will be a contract position and as such, C&P will not provide benefits; salary for this position will be determined upon experience. The office location for the C&P ED will be located in Rocky Ford, Colo. The C&P ED will need to be willing to relocate within the region and no relocation expenses will be provided by C&P. Salary range for the C&P ED position is between $40,000 and $50,000, dependent on experience.
· Public speaking, articulate ideas and concepts
· Communicate to a variety of audiences, such as, businesses, travelers, funders
· Collaborate with partners and synthesize results
· Develop and build membership including recruitment and renewals (with board)
· Grant writing
· Build a funder/sponsor base
· Fundraising events
· Maintain and develop website, including business, itinerary, event calendar areas
· Ability to work with a variety of accounting, management and marketing software
· Oversee and manage social media
· Develop new website applications as needed
Organizational & Project Management
· Oversee overall health and maintenance of organization and projects including strategic plan
· Oversee communication with consultants
· Work with Board on developing and maintaining budget
· Grant and project reporting/management
· Coordinate regional membership, board and partnership meetings
· Market analysis, gather data prepare data report for board
· Coordinate and oversee Economic Impact Study