With guidance from the Director, provide management and oversight for grant programs offered by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Associate Manager will work as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of all grants processing and will manage the tracking and reporting for all grant programs. This position will be responsible for helping to oversee all aspects of grant functions related to the National Trust Preservation Fund and other funding programs of the National Trust. The Associate Manager will also play a key role in ensuring that funding goals are in-line with larger National Trust priorities.
· Work with the Director of Administration, Grants and Affinity Programs and internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with the priorities of the National Trust.
· Supervise the Grants Assistant in identifying key metrics for grantee reporting and the development of reporting materials that will allow the National Trust to track the impact of its funding over time. Work in collaboration with the Grants Assistant to compile this information and determine the best way to highlight this impact for key constituents and the general public.
· Assist in developing grant applications, guidelines, and reporting forms for new funding programs as they come online.
· Update and create program related materials in Foundants Grant Lifecycle Manager.
· Work with applicants to determine eligibility for specific funds and provide pre- and post-decision making assistance to grant seekers as needed. Serve as a primary point of contact for both grant seekers and grantees.
· Manage the internal review process for National Trust Preservation Fund applications. Maintain a calendar of key dates and ensure that materials are sent for review in a timely fashion.
· Supervise the preparation of information and provide support for donor advised funds and other external review committees.
· Assist in preparing annual reporting materials for donors and the general public. Provide information to the development department for the cultivation of future gifts for the grant program.
· Working with a marketing specialist, update information and create printed and online publicity materials for National Trust funding.
· Oversee the development of a content-rich page on preservationnation.org that both markets National Trust grant programs and provides resources for grant seekers.
· Monitor all grant program finances, including reviewing printouts on a quarterly basis and assisting the Director with budget preparation and the fiscal year close.
· Generate grant contracts and payment requests for funded projects.