Conservation Solutions, Inc. is a full-service conservation and historic preservation firm based in the capital cities of Washington, DC and Ottawa, ON, Canada with satellite offices around the US. CSI is seeking one or more temporary employees for summer employment. Current graduate students or recent masters-level graduates in historic preservation or conservation are strongly preferred. The position will be based in our Forestville, MD office near Washington, DC, but the employee may be required to travel to one or more of our project sites around the country. The applicant is responsible for his/her own housing while working out of the MD office.
Duties and requirements:
· Support conservators in all aspects of conservation practice including: hands-on treatment, documentation, research, administrative tasks, studio organization, etc.
· Prior experience with conservation treatment, power tools, sculpture, decorative painting or mold-making is advantageous but not a requirement
· Applicant should be comfortable working outside, being on ones feet for extended periods, working at heights on scaffold, etc.
· Must be legally able to work in the United States and Canada and possess a valid US drivers license
· The projected period of employment is 8 weeks, although this may be extended based on workload and availability.
· Compensation will be $15/hour.