The 106 Group is seeking architectural historians for our St. Paul office. We offer a professional and friendly working environment with a wide range of interesting and challenging projects in the field of cultural resource and environmental consulting. See www.106group.com for more information on our firm.
Minimum qualifications include a B.A. or B.S. degree in architectural history, historic preservation, planning or closely related field, and at least 2 years of work experience in CRM and/or preservation planning. Masters degree preferred.
Skills and experience required include:
· Excellent research and writing skills
· A thorough knowledge of cultural resources management laws and process
· Experience conducting Phase I and II architecture-history surveys and evaluations
· Knowledge of the history and architectural styles of the Midwest and Great Plains
· The ability to work individually and as a team
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· The ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure
· Good working knowledge of current information technologies
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications
· Valid drivers license and vehicle required
· Experience in environmental or other types of professional consulting.
Travel and fieldwork are requirements of this position. Salary is commensurate with experience.