Employment in the Education Department at Morven Park exposes individuals to the many aspects of museum education and program development. Through hands-on experiences with Summer KaMPs (Kids at Morven Park), Counselors learn valuable leadership and programming skills. Counselors work closely with Education Department staff, gaining increased awareness of the operations of a historic site and experience working at a non-profit recreational facility.
Counselors are responsible for the following objectives:
· Attend a paid training day to become familiar with Morven Park programs, facilities and procedures.
· Serve as a Summer KaMP (Kids at Morven Park) counselor for Morven Parks three summer KaMPs.
· Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all KaMPers.
Counselors must be 18 years or older, a high school graduate and should be interested in one of the following fields: History, American Studies, Education, Agriculture, Biology, Sports Management, Museum Studies or Public History. The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Self-motivated with an outstanding work ethic
· Experience working with children
· Ability to work successfully in a team environment
· Enthusiastic and willing to learn
· Strong public speaking ability
· Ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing environments
Required Time Commitment
June 19- Training, 6 hours
June 23-27- Summer Fun KaMP Session One, approximately 40 hours
July 7-11- Summer Fun KaMP Session Two, approximately 40 hours
July 21-25- Outdoor Adventures KaMP, approximately 40 hours
July 28- Summer Debrief, 3 hours
Each counselor will be paid an hourly rate of $11.50 / hour. Each work day is from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday Friday, with different hours possible for training and debriefing. Counselors are expected to provide their own meals and transportation.