INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW: The LEnfant Trust is seeking a summer intern. We ask for a commitment of 15-20 hours per week, with the schedule to be established with the Director of Preservation. The Trust is a small office with five full-time employees located in the heart of historic Dupont Circle.
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate students in Historic Preservation, Urban Planning, Real Estate, Architecture, or related field. Independent and motivated individuals with an interest in community revitalization, real estate development and the economics of historic preservation are encouraged to apply.
Sample Learning Opportunities:
· Assist with photography and historic property inspections
· Assist with project administration of revolving fund projects and events
· Research building histories, historic preservation methods, and technologies
· Administer and update Easement Property Database
· Help to develop e-newsletters, mailings, and technical assistance requests
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid internship. Check with your graduate program to see if school credit is available.