Making Places consists of:
• Generating a statewide historic resource inventory (HRI) of Connecticut’s mill villages and industrial neighborhoods. The bulk of the HRI will be provided by cultural resource consultants. The final deliverable will be an internet accessible database conforming to SHPO standards.
• Public education outreach to be provided by outside consultants and project staff. Presentations to regional and local stakeholders will help audiences envision the significance and re-use potential of the property type.
• Awarding pilot grants to plan and complete necessary tasks for exemplary adaptive re-use, preservation, stabilization and/or advocacy of historic industrial resources. Project staff will assist applicants develop proposals and move to the next step upon grant project completion.
• Exploring new financial incentives to stimulate investment internally within the Trust with input from a multi-disciplinary advisory “task force.”
Project Manager Job Description
The project manager is a full time position reporting to the project director. The grant under which the position is supported ends November 2015, but may be extended.
The responsibilities of the position are:
• Assist in research and preparation of HRI and public education deliverables.
• Maintain the HRI database.
• Manage survey and public education contracts with cultural resource and task force consultants including coordinating internal project meetings and public events.
• Administer grants with applicants and grantees.
• Assist the project director and other CTHP staff to provide technical assistance as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
• Comparable survey and/or grant administration experience
• Bachelor’s degree in historic preservation plus two years minimum comparable experience; master’s degree in historic preservation; or advanced degree in a related field plus five years comparable experience.
• Pertinent experience with the property type.
• Strong administrative, communications and skills.
For discussion, with health, dental and retirement benefits