1. Responsible for the daily on-site supervision of the Historic Preservation Crew.
2. Implements the planned and scheduled workload for repair and maintenance of all assigned historic preservation work orders and tasks.
3. Responsible for the care, maintenance and security of all assigned equipment and tools.
4. Responsible for ensuring quality and professional work is completed.
5. Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and makes sure the Crew is complying with all current related codes and regulations.
6. Assists with coordinating tasks with Engineering, parkwide trade personnel, location management, maintenance managers, and the National Park Service.
7. Responsible for adhering to Xanterras Ecologix program.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Must be proficient in supervising personnel in accordance with all Xanterra policies and procedures and 5 years of hands-on preservation maintenance experience or equivalent.
2. Competent knowledge about the operation and safe use of all carpentry tools and equipment common to the trade.
3. General knowledge of the National Park Service Secretary of the Interior Standards and how they apply to work in Yellowstone Park.
4. Knowledge of OSHA Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Lead, and Asbestos programs.
5. Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, drivers license with a good driving record.
6. Must be able to read, understand, interpret and comply with all Xanterras company policies and procedures.
1. This position will require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations, including a clean-shaven face and to be able to pass a DOT physical.
2. Must be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
3. Must possess physical stamina to withstand heavy labor related to work in an outside environment.
4. Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
5. Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.
-Coordinates crew activities with various Xanterra departments and the National Park Service
-Able to suspend work in accordance with qualified competent-person training
-Promote Xanterra Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.