1. Applicants must have a minimum 7 years experience in the field of Exterior Restoration and/or Forensic, Leak, and Curtain Wall Investigations within New York City.
2. BArch, MArch, or BS in Architecture, Construction Technology, Civil Engineering or related field.
1. Knowledge of current and historic building codes governing New York City.
2. Knowledge of current and historic construction types, materials, and products used with New York City.
3. Experience with the public review process and regulatory agencies governing New York City.
4. Excellent communication. Ability to write and present technical letters, reports, and proposals in clear articulate language.
5. Excellent quality control and enforcement.
6. Excellent Time Management.
7. Sound safety judgment.
8. Proficient in Auto CAD.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
10. Familiarity with Mobile Technology Tools, preferred.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE
1. Execute multiple projects in all project phases, including Investigation, Budget Estimating, Contract Document Preparation, Bidding and Negotiation, Municipal Filing, Construction Administration, and Close-out all within the established budget. Depending on the project, Managers execute projects independently or by leading a small team of employees.
2. Attend meetings with clients, contractors, and consultants at regular intervals. An employee can expect to attend periodic evening meetings.
3. Perform building inspections from the ground, the roof, from lifts, from suspended scaffolding, and from supported scaffolding.
4. Perform inspections from suspended scaffolding range from approximately 6 to 60 stories.
5. Perform inspections from supported (pipe frame) scaffolding range from approximately 2 to 20 stories.
6. Perform building inspections from the basement, cellar, crawl space, and similar sub-grade, limited clearance and / or limited light spaces.
7. Employees must be proficient in AutoCAD.
Employees will be expected to obtain and maintain a NYC Department of Buildings recognized 4HR User Supported Scaffolding Certificate and a 16HR User Suspended Scaffold Certificate. Certification courses will be provided by Howard L. Zimmerman Architects.
An Employee can expect to be in field between 25% - 75% of their time during any given week.
Howard L. Zimmerman Architects, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.