Position Summary: AmeriCorps member in the Crew Leader position will serve alongside crewmembers during service. Member will act as liaison between the crew and the program director to ensure effective communication and responsibilities are appropriately completed.
· Member Impact: Through service duties, members will conduct and support agricultural research designed to test new methods and crops that will become available to small and medium sied farmers in the high desert area. The impact of this service opportunity will increase understanding of sustainable agricultural techniques for new and future farmers while also increasing the number of students consuming local specialty crops.
· Primary responsibilities: Building Future Farmers in Nevada: Green Job Training
· Learn and apply innovative high desert farming techniques including infrastructure development, installation & maintenance as related to member service;
· Collect field data from various agricultural research projects being conducted, compile and distribute the research results;
· Conduct farmer outreach and education initiatives;
· Develop community outreach initiatives and professional development opportunities;
· Work with the Program Director and AmeriCorps crew members to ensure effective communication;
· Work with Site Supervisor to assist in task and project management;
· Ensure the crew collects data appropriately to hours served and accomplishments.
· Secondary responsibilities: Nutrition Education and Support: Healthy Futures
· Deliver agriculture education programs at Urban Roots education partners related to agricultural science and nutrition;
· Develop educational outreach programs for community members and youth.
· Related Responsibilities:
· Successfully complete all required trainings;