The Harbor History Museum (HHM) Executive Director (ED) is the chief executive of the Museum and is responsible for the leadership and management of the organization. The ED is charged with delivering on the mission and goals of the organization in a fiscally sound and sustainable manner. The ED plays a leading role in developing and implementing the strategic plan of the Harbor History Museum while maintaining positive relations with the board, volunteers, and community.
Other job responsibilities include:
· Act as the public persona of the HHM, promote HHM to local and surrounding community
· Lead all long and short term fundraising efforts
· Oversee event management for major income producing events
· Oversee exhibit selection, execution and marketing
· Develop business and marketing plans and reports for management and board use
· Recruit, retain and manage staff and volunteers
· Manage day to day museum operations
· Develops and uses appropriate administrative systems and management practices
· Take care of the physical plant and leverage site attributes to HHM benefit
Key qualifications for this position include: outstanding leadership, innovation, communication, and fundraising skills. The applicant should have a Bachelors degree and at least five years of management experience. Museum and non profit experience will be considered in evaluating submissions.
Salary Competitive, including benefit package.
Reports to Board of Trustees through President
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Harbor History Museum is an AA/EO Employer. HHM is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and unique qualifications along with CV including professional experience, education, publications, awards, projects, presentations, membership (affiliations) and references.
Actual position description available upon request. E mail requests to email@example.com
Please submit application to the Board President firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Grubbs, President
Harbor History Museum
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
No telephone calls please.