- Assist with developing new program collateral for the Washington State Main Street Program such as a program brochure and revised handbook.
- Assist with outreach and support to Affiliate and Main Street communities, including communication via email and phone as necessary.
- Assist in the gathering and processing of quarterly revitalization statistics related to business development, job creation, volunteer engagement, and public and private investment in downtowns from Main Street communities.††
- Assist in communication and outreach to strengthen the state program.†
- Assist in planning and executing RevitalizeWA, the annual statewide Preservation and Main Street conference. This includes the annual Silent Auction and the Excellence on Main Awards program.
- Assist in coordinating statewide workshops and trainings.
∑†††††††† Assisting in developing training and promotional materials for local Main Street programs:
o†† Board and Committee training
o†† Community and organizational assessments
o†† Introduction to Main Street presentations & community meetings
o†† Development of program materials:
-††††††††† Washington State Main Street Network brochure
-††††††††† Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program training
-††††††††† Main Street 101 training
-††††††††† Business recruitment and retention
The Assistant Coordinator should be skilled at event planning; possess strong verbal and written communication skills; strong computer skills; work well with diverse groups; be self-motivated; have a positive attitude, be energetic, and bring fresh ideas to the organization. A great sense of humor is appreciated, too. Preference will be given to applicants who have a background in Main Street, non-profit management, public relations, historic preservation, economic development and/or marketing.
Schedule and Travel:
The schedule for this part-time, hourly position is 15-20 hours per week.† Hours are flexible but may increase at certain times throughout the year, especially during the RevitalizeWA conference in late-spring.† In addition to attending the RevitalizeWA conference, the position may require travel statewide for evening and weekend meetings, workshops and site visits.
The hourly rate for this position is $15.00 - $20.00 per hour, based on experience.† Medical and dental insurance, vacation pay, and holiday pay are not provided.† However, compensation does include payment of all Federal and State payroll, unemployment insurance and industrial insurance taxes.† In addition, the successful candidate will be eligible for retirement benefits in the future after a term of employment, and, approved travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with rules and rates established by the State of Washington.