Landmarks Foundation (LF) is seeking an executive director, who will be responsible for the administration and management of LF including the operation and maintenance of 50 historical structures in Old Alabama Town which includes 19 commercially leased properties.
Responsibilities also include the direct supervision of the LF staff of 11-13 employees including the Historic Properties Curator, Historic Properties Maintenance Supervisor and the Education Director. The director will monitor and approve expenditures within the $1m operating budget.
An involved management work style is essential in planning, promoting and carrying out LF board fund raising events, membership solicitations, grant opportunities and educational programs for adults and students. LF related meetings and events require attendance outside the usual business hours including weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
The Landmarks Foundation, located in Montgomery, is 501(c)3 non-profit organization established in 1967 to preserve, interpret and present Central Alabamas architecture, history and culture. Landmarks Foundation will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Operations and Fiscal Management
· Oversees the operation and maintenance of 50 historic structures in Old Alabama Town, which includes 19 commercially leased buildings.
· Supervises the Landmarks Foundation staff of 11-13 departmental directors and supervisors.
· Facilitates internal communications among all staff.
· Delegates and collaborates to achieve maximum efficiency and employee satisfaction.
· Administers the operating and capital budgets.
· Recruits, trains, motivates and retains volunteers to accomplish organizations goals with a minimum of outlay.
Membership and Fundraising
· Plans, promotes and carries out fund-raising special events.
· Conducts annual membership drives including retention and new member efforts.
· Identifies and pursues grant opportunities and major donor sources.
· Develops a long-range plan to eliminate Foundations dependence upon governme