Reporting to the HPM Supervisor and Maintenance Manager, Engineering, the basic function of this job is the onsite working supervision of the HPM team to execute the Historic Preservation Maitenance Program at the Grand Canyon South Rim.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assists the HPM Supervisor with planning, scheduling and implementing the workload and materials for the repair and cyclic maintenance of various historic structures within Grand Canyon South Rim, ensuring that all NEPA 106 regulations and historic programmatic requirements are followed.
2. Produces and maintains professional quality work at all times, within the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
3. Performs work in Carpentry, Masonry, Painting, Metalwork, Logsmithing, Stucco Repairs, Roofing, Windows, and other historic preservation work as needed.
4. Assists in scheduling of construction tasks and ensures the timely arrival of materials and equipment.
5. Assists the HPM Supervisor with the care, maintenance and security of all assigned equipment and tools.
6. Assists the HPM Supervisor in maintaining a safe work environment and complying with all current company programs, building codes and regulations related to health and safety. Always sets the example for health and safety.
7. Assists the HPM Supervisor in the responsibility of storage, accountability, and proper disposal of building materials.
8. Responsible for coordination of tasks with Location Management and the Maintenance Managers in the absence of the HPM Supervisor.
9. Comply with all company and NPS environmental policies and procedures.
10. Commit to and practice the Companys Environmental Policies and Procedures.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum four years experience in Historic Preservation work, with knowledge of the Secretary of the Interiors Standards and Guidelines for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
2. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated skill in producing and maintaining professional quality preservation work.
4. Basic Knowledge of uniform building codes pertinent to Historic Preservation.
5. Ability to read blue prints.