HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF OCEAN GROVE
POSITION: Museum Administrator
REPORTS TO: President
MAJOR FUNCTION: The position is the face of the HSOG and the Museum Administrator must be able to deal with meeting the public and answer questions in the day to day operation of the HSOG.
This hourly position will be full-time (40 hours per week) April 1-September 30 and part-time (18 hours per week) October 1-March 31.
· Assist the President and Vice Presidents and members of the board
· Coordination of HSOG programs and fund raisers including executive board and general meetings, Beersheba Awards Banquet, auctions and shows, house tour and bus trips i.e. designing posters and other publicity, distributing posters and press releases, reserving facilities or services as necessary
· Keep website and facebook content current with announcements, special events and communications
· Design and send timely mass emails to our mailing list through Constant Contact
· Coordination of public relations including contacting various media regarding events
· Coordination of daily museum function including phone inquiries, emails, mail, walking and house tour ticket sales, museum store sales, research requests on genealogy or historic homes and maintain files
· Oversee, schedule and train museum docents and volunteers
· Recording of donations/contact data through PastPerfect, sending thank you notices for donations
· Assist in grant management, including using New Jersey State SAGE online platform for submitting grants
· Superior organizational skills
· Ability to keep track of and meet deadlines
· Ability to be flexible and work with changing priorities
· Ability to multi-task and work in a face-paced setting
· Superior customer service mindset and written and verbal communication skills
· Computer literate including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and Web Browser. Experience with Constant Contact and PastPerfect a plus.