This position will help to develop processes, equipment and tooling in support of the implementation of moderate rate automated Li-Ion cell assembly lines. New battery technology is being developed for Lithium Ion Military Applications. This position will take this new technology, working with a team of engineers, to design, procure, install, and validate production lines for a new EaglePicher plant.
Ongoing Responsibilities include:
· Machine and tooling design; automated and manual applications.
· Develop process / lines for prototyping, pilot manufacturing and production.
· Select, implement and validate new process equipment.
· Optimize product designs to improve manufacturability.
· Lead prototyping efforts to evaluate and improve products and processes
· Be proficient in mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (Inventor preferred)
· Introduce new equipment and new processes into a production environment
· Create process documentation
· Utilize design for manufacturability for plant layout and process implementation