ERM is seeking a contract based Archaeological Consultant to join our global consulting firm as part of the cultural heritage team. The position is based in our Atlanta, GA office. Experience in prehistoric and historical archaeology is required, and previous experience with telecom site work is strongly preferred. Your role will consist primarily of supporting our telecom client with NEPA/SHPO site review and related services. You may also support non-telecom cultural resources projects with various desk and site tasks. Important to the role will be a willingness to learn new skills including field techniques, analysis and report preparation to support our Impact Assessment and Planning Practice. Geographically broad U.S. archaeological experience preferred. Southwest Experience a plus. Job position requires frequent travel with overnight stays.
Participate in and support archaeological telecom site review with a wide variety of services including but not limited to:
· Perform archaeological field surveys under the direction of the project PI or Project Manager.
· Conduct research in-person at data repositories (SHPO, BLM, Regional Archaeology Offices) and online.
· Prepare agency submittals and final deliverables for client.
· Interpret federal regulations and requirements for the client.
· Provide training for peers and clients in FCC NEPA/SHPO requirements.
· Support historic structures surveys of Area of Potential Effect (APE) with the guidance of an architectural historian.
· Support community and Tribal consultation.
· Respond to public comments.
· Track the progress of numerous telecommunications projects through the entire compliance process.
· Provide client with frequent updates via email, telephone and other media.
· Potentially, support a variety of additional non-telecom cultural resources and IAP projects depending on your specific experience and skill set.
ADDITIONAL TELECOM DUTIES FOR WHICH TRAINING MAY BE PROVIDED:
· Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments per ASTM Standard.
· Collect field data for natural resources compliance submittals.
Prefer the candidate meets or exceeds the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Standard for archaeology to perform NEPA/SHPO for FCC undertakings:
The minimum professional qualifications in archeology are a graduate degree in archeology, anthropology, or closely re