This full-time position reports to the Interim Indiana Regional Manager and the Director of Transportation Archaeology. The successful applicant will serve as the Principal Investigator and the staff Archaeologist in the Indianapolis office of ASC Group. We are seeking someone with 5 or more years of experience and who has familiarity with U. S. Midwest prehistoric and/or historic archaeology. The job involves all aspects of CRM archaeology including supervisory duties of field staff. The tasks include field survey and excavation, laboratory analysis of artifacts, report writing, client relations, proposal preparation, and other tasks as assigned. Travel to field sites in the State of Indiana and surrounding states is expected. Overnight and longer stays at field assignments is necessary. This position will also work on transportation, energy and National Forest projects, among others.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Proposal preparation, marketing and client relations.
· Providing projections and estimates to complete projects.
· Responsible for overseeing and supervising the day to day execution of archaeological investigations as indicated in the projects scope of services document.
· Oversee and participate in all aspects of field survey, assessment or excavation, including enforcing safety standards and procedures.
· Conduct and/or assist with the analysis and interpretation of the materials collected and results of the project and produce technical reports and Indiana Archaeological Inventory forms.
· Work on transportation, National Forest, and energy projects.
We are seeking someone with a high ethical and professional standard that can work comfortably and independently of a corporate office located in another state. The preferred candidate must be able to qualify as a principal investigator with Indiana Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology and must have a masters degree in anthropology, archaeology, or related discipline.