Humanscale Design Studio is the creative force that drives Humanscale, the leading manufacturer of ergonomic products for the workplace. Our passion is designing products that combine uncompromosing funtion and honest aesthetics with ultimate ease-of-use.
We seek an exceptional individual to join the engineering team as a Design Engineer Intern focusing on new product develpment. The successful applicant must possess a background in mechanical engineering, an analytical and creative mind, a willingness to learn in a fast-paced production enviroment. and an outstanding work ethic.
- Engage in brainstorm sessions with design and engineering teams.
- Create and evaluate design concepts through sketches, CAD models and rough prototypes.
- Build, test and refine prototypes.
- Research and evaluate manufacturing processes, materials, and technologies.
- Perform competitive product research and teardown analysis.
- Work directly with design engineers to evaluate new designs.
- Engage in manufacuring drawing documentation.
- Assist in reviewing off-tool samples and inspection reports.
- Completion of at least 2 years of a mechanical engineering degree from an accreditied instituion. Must have completed basic claswses in physics, statics, and dynamics.
- A current student with at least 1 semested remaining post-internship.
- A comfort working in a prototype ship using a variety of tools and materials.
- Understanding of mechanisms and mechanical systems.
- Ability to comunicate technical information to nontechnical audiences through clear and concise language, professional emails, sketching, and digital image manipulation.
- Experience sing 3-D modeling software such as Solidworks is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of engineering drawings and their functions is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of common manufacturing processes a plus.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds.
- Must be able to do repetitive bending and stretching.