Guides are public ambassadors for Lyndhurst and ensure that visitors have a unique and memorable experience touring the property. Candidates must successfully complete a rigorous training and enrichment program conducted over several weeks in the spring.
Position Details and Responsibilities
This is a part-time position consisting of 4-5 hour shifts, Friday-Sunday, plus additional shifts for special events. Responsibilities include guiding tours, answering visitor questions, and assisting in the Visitors Center and gift shop. Guides should be available to commit to a regular shift.
Other desirable qualities are:
- An interest in historic buildings, local history or art history.
- Mature, friendly, and outgoing to the public.
- Ability to work with all ages in a museum setting, experience desired.
- Ability to employ active teaching techniques to bring history alive to diverse groups of visitors
- Experience with retail point of sale systems a plus.
- Foreign language fluency a plus.
- Theatre background a plus.