Architectural Historian, Pasadena, CA
Dudek, one of California’s leading mid-sized environmental and engineering consulting firms, is growing. Our firm helps clients design, plan, permit, manage, and construct projects involving: Natural resource management, infrastructure development and regulatory compliance. Founded in 1980, we have more than 400 professional, technical and support staff serving clients in multiple offices throughout California. We are employee-owned and offer competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits.
Currently, we are seeking the right person to fill the role of: Architectural Historian in our Pasadena, CA office. This is a great opportunity for the right person with a strong technical background to contribute to our growth in the area!
We are seeking a full time Architectural Historian to conduct built environmental surveys, photograph buildings, record and evaluate historic architectural resources on State of California DPR forms, conduct records searches, conduct archival and building permit research, coordinate with local historical groups and societies and prepare technical reports in compliance with CEQA,NEPA and Section 106 of the NHPA.
- Experience in preparing technical reports for projects that fall under the jurisdiction of CEQA and Section 106 of the NHPA
- Experience developing historic context statements and registration requirements
- Experience evaluating properties in accordance with local, state and national criteria on State of California DPR forms
- Experience conducting building permit research at local government offices
- Experience conducting records searches
- Working knowledge of the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties
- Ability to travel for field work
- Willingness to assist with other cultural resources efforts (i.e., Archaeology projects)
- Experience preparing HABS/HAER/HALS documentation and Caltrans documentation a plus
- Bachelors degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience as a consultant in the discipline of architectural history
- Meets the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Qualification Standards for architectural history
- Excellent Communication skills