This is a contract position performing document preservation at a local archive or library. Working as a document/archival preservationist for Ancestry.com requires a technical and computer literate individual who ideally has previous experience working with digitization, archival documents, and/or goal oriented production projects. Qualified candidates will also be detail-oriented, organized, and accustomed to working independently in an environment that handles focused and repetitive tasks which requires a logical balance of efficiency and accuracy. This opportunity requires the contractor to work within the normal business hours of the archive or library and, as such, is not a work-from-home opportunity. This assignment is expected to last between 1 year and will report to Ancestry.coms Remote Production Manager
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Capture digital images of documents as specified by the company
- Perform quality audits on each roll that is scanned before transmission
- Report progress and quality audit notes according to the tracking system outlined
- Enter data into spreadsheets and other software
- Initiate and maintain responsibility of the delivery or transmission of images to corporate office for processing
- Troubleshoot basic problems with hardware, software, and image quality
- Perform regular equipment maintenance functions, as well as coordinate for machine maintenance/repair with third-party hardware service providers
- Perform basic image enhancement and file organization tasks
- Maintain professional relationships with business partners that protect image and mission of Ancestry.com
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; regularly produces accurate, thorough and professional work
- Able to manage multiple projects, able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses
- Anticipates problems; gathers information before making decisions; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
- Photography, Library and Archives, or History background/experience preferred.
âWorking for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. Youll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.