We have an opening for a temporary full-time position coming up in July. We work on a wide variety of objects and need someone with a solid base of knowledge in a range of mediums, focusing on metals, stone and wood.
The ideal candidate will manage projects from beginning to end, including condition assessments, photographic and written documentation, writing treatment proposals, and performing practical conservation treatments. They should be able to work independently but enjoy working in a collaborative environment with team members. We are looking for an applicant with at least (3-5) years of experience.
· Is responsible for all conservation treatments and directs conservation technicians in performing treatments.
· Develops and implements treatment proposals for the active or preventive conservation treatment of historic objects and surfaces including sculpture, furnishings, ceramics, metals, decorative media, painted surfaces and other materials.
· Maintains memberships and represents PCC in professional organizations.
· Stays up to date with new and evolving research and treatments in the field.
· Assists with the general organization and maintenance of the PCC studio space.
- A graduate degree from an accredited academic conservation program, or the equivalent level of professional experience; Knowledge of conservation theory and practice.
- Demonstrated conservation treatment experience.
- Professional Associate status with AIC preferred.