Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our San Francisco office is seeking an Architectural Historian to support our four California offices. An Architectural Historian is a core member of the statewide Cultural Resources program. Work will occur throughout California, but the position will be based out of our San Francisco office and utilize an on-call schedule.
Independently conducting historic resource assessments/evaluations according to local, state, and federal criteria of significance. Archival research, utilizing online and local resources. Researching and writing historic context statements. Preparation of defensible compliance documentation in support of CEQA/NHPA/Section 106 review. Planning and carrying out historic resource surveys. Documenting survey results in reports and recording historic resources on DPR forms. Registration of historic properties and districts to local, state, and federal registers. Carrying out project-level review for compliance with SOIS.
- A minimum of a Master's degree in architectural history, historic preservation or a closely related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience research, writing, and consulting in American architectural history with a consulting firm, agency, or other professional organization
- Experience preparing California DPR forms and conducting historic research and surveys
- Meets the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Qualifications Standards in architectural history
- Familiarity with cultural resources laws, including NEPA, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, and CEQA
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Records Top 200 Environmental Firms.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zmm4s9c