This position exists to review, consult, and comment upon project submittal from federal and state agencies pursuant to the National Historic Preservation Act and State Register Act.
- Independently review and provide technical comments in writing within legally prescribed time limits to federal and state agencies pursuant to Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the Colorado State Register Act.
-Independently consult, manage, and monitor complex multi-year project reviews under various environmental laws, including the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Environmental Policy Act.
-Independently negotiate with and provide technical assistance to federal and state agencies on various types of agreement documents regarding historic preservation compliance.
-Independently monitor, track, review, and approve mitigation measures stipulated in executed agreement documents.
- Independently review and provide written comments and technical assistance to federal and state agencies regarding Environmental Impact Statements and other decision documents required by the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Research and interpret federal and state laws and regulations in its program areas. Consult with Native American Tribes in regards to agreement documents and historic preservation laws.
- Attend and participate in out-of-office project meetings, including multi-agency meetings, as well as making site visits to project areas to consult under the National Historic Preservation Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and State Register Act with federal and state agencies and the public in regards to historic preservation compliance issues and concerns.
- Make presentations and train federal and state agency staff, consulting parties and the public regarding historic preservation compliance responsibilities.
- Provide comment and technical assistance to national preservation organizations, such as the National Council of State Historic Preservation Officers, Preservation Action, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.