An Equal Opportunity Employer
Must Apply on line at: www.nashville.gov
Open Competitive Job Announcement #15231E
SALARY: $45,086.06 - $49,593.90 /Year
ISSUE DATE: 6/25/15
FINAL FILING DATE: 7/19/15
This position provides design review services for the Metro Historic Zoning Commission and the public, as well as related services such as design assistance, creation of overlays, research and writing, and public education.
• Reviews certificate of appropriateness applications, providing advice to applicants and writing staff recommendations for the commission
• Inspects work in progress for adherence to permit specifications
• Surveys potential historic sites and/or districts and makes recommendations for preservation
• Works with other Metro departments such as Planning, Codes and Housing to review projects and policies to assess the impact they may have on historical properties and districts
• Coordinates and attends meetings and/or projects with the public staff and other agencies
• Researches and documents architecturally significant properties
• Writes articles and reports for various publications
• Assists with the development and coordination of events and other forms of public education
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or a Historic Preservation field from an accredited college or university and 3 years’ experience in architecture or historic preservation, OR, Master’s Degree in Architecture or a Historic Preservation field from an accredited college or university and 1 year experience in architecture or historic preservation. Valid “Class D” driver’s license.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Incumbents are also required to use their personal vehicles in the performance of the job duties. Metro Government will not pay relocation expenses for this position.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
• Knowledge of architectural design and drafting techniques
• Skill in drawing architectural illustrations
**An Incomplete application or missing documents may result in disqualification.**
Fill in complete work history, do not attach resume in lieu of requested information.