Page & Turnbull, an award winning preservation architecture and planning firm, is looking for an Architect/Job Captain to work in our San Francisco office. This opening will provide the opportunity to use and build skills in architecture, historic preservation, architectural history, preservation planning, and urban design, for commercial, institutional, and residential clients. The position offers exposure to a range of challenging projects, with the early possibility of self-directed work, project management, and client contact.
· Develop and manage project work plans, budgets, and schedules.
· Prepare a variety of studies and reports, including but not limited to: Existing Conditions Assessments; Feasibility Studies; Code Analysis; Historic Structure Reports; and HABS/HAER Drawings.
· Provide project manager and /or project architect role on architecture projects, as prime or sub consultant.
· Prepare contract documents.
· Manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams.
· Client Communication.
· Supervise/mentor junior staff.
· 5-10 years professional experience.
· A professional degree in Architecture.
· Architectural licensure (preferably in California) or working towards licensure.
· Meet the National Park Services Professional Qualifications Standards (Code of Federal Regulations, 36CFR Part 61) for Historic Architecture or Architecture.
· A proven record of providing excellent client service and delivering project within an agreed to schedule and budget.
· Outstanding research, writing, proofreading and editing skills.
· Ability to work in collaborative teams for large projects and work individually on smaller projects simultaneously.
· Fluency in the Microsoft Office program suite, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Revit, InDesign and Photoshop.
· Communicative, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable and interested in growth.
· Strong graphical skills, both by hand and computer.