College and graduate students interested in an arts management career are encouraged to apply for a year-round Internship at Strathmore for the period of September 2015 through the end of May 2016. Preferred start date is September 8th, 2015.
Starting this fall we have an opening for a paid Special Projects Internship (15 20 hours/week) with the CEO and President, working on the East County Initiative. The East County Initiative targets areas alongside the Route 29 corridor and will bring the arts directly into neighborhoods to better activate and engage their community.
If the applicant is pursuing an internship for school credit, they must contact Strathmore in advance to ensure that all school requirements can be met.
ANTICIPATED DUTIES FOR THE SPECIAL PROJECTS INTERNSHIP
· Attend site visits alongside the CEO and President
· Work with the current Fall East County Initiative High School Intern
· Sit in on interviews and assist with project descriptions
· Help with drafting and emailing as well as general administrative support
Ideal applicants are self-starters, go-getters, and personable. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential. Ties to the East County are preferable. Applicants that are available Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9am 5pm are preferred.
We are looking for current juniors or seniors with at least two years of liberal arts, arts management or arts-related study at the college level, but first or second year college students will be considered. Those who are currently enrolled in graduate programs and those who completed undergraduate studies no earlier than May 2015 will also be considered. Applicants must demonstrate a sincere interest in the behind-the-scenes operation of an arts center. Access to a car and previous experience in customer service or arts administration are beneficial.
To apply please send complete applications to Miriam Teitel, 5301 Tuckerman Lane, N. Bethesda MD 20852 or firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred).
Complete Applications Must Include:
· Cover Letter
· Resume with current contact information
· Writing sample
· Two References with current contact information (letters of recommendations are accepted but not required)
· Transcripts (unofficial is accepted)
In your cover letter please include:
· Details of the days and hours you are available. If you do not know your final schedule, at least estimate which weeks and how many hours you will be available per week; final schedule must be confirmed before any internship position will be offered
· If you will be in town for Summer Break and available for an in-person interview, please include those dates; this is not a requirement other candidates will be interviewed via phone or Skype
· Whether you will have access to a car for your use this year