· Responds effectively and knowledgeably to questions from visitors regarding Historic Annapolis, architectural details, general city history and urban form.
· Responsible for guiding daily walking tours and safely navigating attendees throughout the tour route.
· Reviews tour lists and greets attendees, ensuring that all attendees are continually accounted for and that there are no guests joining the tour who have not purchased a ticket.
· Manage the tours and follow procedures to ensure tours begin on time and do not last any longer than the allotted time.
· Ability to dictate important information in various weather conditions and spend a large portion of the working day standing or walking, while speaking.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
· Bachelors degree in Architecture, Historic Preservation, Architectural History or History required.
· Preferred experience of 1-2 years in customer service or in the architecture field.
· Dedicated commitment to the philosophy and mission of Historic Annapolis
· Excellent customer service abilities, accuracy, enthusiasm and productive work ethic.
· Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Effective knowledge of HA properties and programs as well as Annapolis tourism and restaurants
· Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a diverse population of visitors and staff
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
· Ability to follow policies, procedures and instructions to accomplish assigned tasks accurately and appropriately
· Demonstrates a desire and ability to function as a team player, including working a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of Historic Annapolis
· Public Speaking experience required.