Fort Adams Trust Rhode Island
Position Summary: Executive Director shall be seen as a visionary and effect innovative initiatives that support the Trusts mission of stabilization, restoration, maintenance and operation of Fort Adams as a public historic site. Primary responsibilities will be the overall management of the Trust including organizational development, administration, personnel, fundraising and restoration.
· Proven track record of excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
· Ability to increase Trust Membership.
· Appealing personality with readily evident public relations and people skills.
· Ability to influence and motivate others with sound vision and judgment.
· Proven management capability with an emphasis on organizational performance, accountability and the ability to affect synergy between a highly motivated staff and volunteer organization.
· Ensure financial stability ensure adequate financial resources for the organization and oversee the financial viability and fiscal management of the organization, including the annual budget and financial reporting.
· Ensure processes for short-term and long-term planning are implemented lead the board of directors and professional staff in the development, allocation of resources and implementation of the strategic plan.
· Oversee the implementation of the Forts operations; plan, implement and evaluate all Fort programs and projects, as well as the daily operations of the organization, to fulfill the Forts mission and strategic objectives.
· Manage the staff motivate and when necessary attract the necessary human resources to support and implement the strategic plan/objectives. Supervise, coach and counsel staff to provide the leadership and support required to develop and implement the strategic objectives and to support volunteers in taking an active role in the Forts operations. Ensure the development of personnel policies and job descriptions; and administer salary and benefits.
· Facilitate the activities of the board of directors report necessary information to the board of directors and facilitate the proper flow of information to yield timely policy decisions and action on key issues. Maximize the Trusts use of the boards skills and expertise by focusing their time and energy on issues and actions that make the greatest contribution to mission of the Trust.
· Create positive community relationships develop a sound working relationship with community, government and business organizations and elected officials as well as the media. Serve as an effective and credible chief spokesperson for the Trust. Serve as a leader in community initiatives that contribute to the mission of the Trust, including strategic collaboration.
Desired Job Experience
· 5+ years of proven executive management experience
· Strong history of Leadership
· Experience dealing with high-ranking community and business leaders
· Knowledge and understanding of business functions and principles