Applied EarthWorks, Inc. (Æ) has an immediate opening for one or more Archaeological Field Technicians in our Pasadena, California office. Æ is a consulting firm specializing in history, archaeology, cultural resources management (CRM) and paleontology. From our offices in Hemet, Pasadena, Lompoc, San Luis Obispo, and Fresno, California, and Albany, Oregon, the firm performs work throughout California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada.
Field technicians will be responsible for carrying out archaeological field surveys and monitoring in support of a wide variety of construction projects. Duties may also include site testing and evaluation, and data recovery. Pay will be commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided for out of town work. However, our current need is for candidates local to the Greater Los Angeles area.
· At least 1 year of experience with archaeological survey, construction monitoring, or excavation.
· A bachelors degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field.
· Prior experience in California and completion of an archaeology field school strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of and basic operation of GPS technology.
· Valid drivers license, with the willingness to drive in off-road conditions.
· Local candidates only.
In addition, applicants must be physically fit and able to handle strenuous field conditions in sometimes adverse weather. Fieldwork may entail hiking on rugged terrain and steep slopes or require standing or walking for long periods of time throughout the day. Pre-employment drug screening may apply for specific project assignments. All employees must comply with Æ safety policies while performing fieldwork.